Learn more about STEER Business’ ESG
ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance:
- Environmental: considers how the company performs as a steward of nature.
- Social: examine how the company manages relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, and the communities where it operates.
- Governance: deals with the company’s leadership, executive pay, audits, internal controls, and shareholder rights.
ESG is a set of criterial standards to evaluate the social consciousness of the operations of a business. What exactly are included in these ESG criteria?
Here are some examples of what could fall under each category:
Traditional investing advice might have steered you away from ESG businesses, suggesting that socially responsible businesses have a reputation for requiring a tradeoff on their financial performances.
Recently, however, it has come to be known that ESG criteria have a more practical purpose beyond only ethical concerns. By following ESG criteria, we will be able to avoid business practices that are associated with high risks. ESG-friendly companies have, time and time again, been proven to be no weaker than their non-ESG competitors in terms of financial performances.
As ESG-minded business practices gain an increasing traction in the conscious Canadian market, more and more investors have turned to making socially responsible investments and started investing in more green funds and businesses.
Working Together for a Better Society
It is our goal to keep communities connected in a sustainable manner. STEER Business is conscious of the ESG criteria for our operations.
We take it to our heart to stand as a socially responsible supply chain, and would like to help you to do so with your business as well.
With the local community and your help, we have planted over 4,000 trees through our tree planting initiatives in 2019. Learn more about our ESG initiatives and how we, together, can pave the way for a better society.
Fitting Our ESG into Your Business
WHO we are
HOW we do it
WHY we do it
STEER Business has a number of initiatives to ensure that our practices are as ESG-friendly as possible. Have a quick look at what we do to enhance our local communities and our environment. Learn more about STEER Business’ ESG.
- Broadening upstream producers’ market and reach.
- Supporting local farms, manufacturers, etc.
- Encouraging local production.
- Acting as a direct link between upstream manufacturers and downstream stores & restaurants.
- Reducing layers in the supply chain by condensing them into one.
- Supporting small local businesses to develop sustainably.
- Lowering costs for end users, benefiting the local economy.
- Restaurants save 10% with us.
- Proactively responding to the government’s environmental initiatives to continually reduce non-eco-friendly containers and to encourage businesses to follow suit.
- Replacing non-recyclable products with biodegradable alternatives.
- Providing better prices for eco-friendly products with our reduced price markups.
- Increasing number of customers are begining to switch to more eco-friendly options.